56th Forum on the Geology of Industrial Minerals Annual Meeting
REGISTRATION IS NOW OPEN!
Click here to register – you will be redirected to the registration site.
Where: Rock Eagle 4H Center, Eatonton Georgia
When: Monday September 14 – Friday September 18, 2020 (Arrival on Sunday September 13, 2020)
What: Meeting Details below
Sessions & Field Trips
Monday September 14, 2020
Field Trip 1 (9 AM Departure): Dimension Stone in Elberton, GA. View the excellent Elberton Dimension Stone Variety Display at University of Georgia, visit the Elberton Granite Museum and a pit and plant as time permits.
Tuesday September 15, 2020
Session 1 (Morning):
- Heavy Minerals and Rare Earths
- Clay and other Industrial Minerals in Georgia and the South
Session 2 (Afternoon):
- Aggregates and Construction Materials
- Environmental Studies Concerning Industrial Minerals Properties
Wednesday September 16, 2020
Field Trip 2 (9 AM departure): Aggregates in Georgia. The trip will visit a major quarry in Macon, GA and the major supplier of natural sand to the Atlanta market.
Thursday September 17, 2020
Session 3 (Morning):
- Adaptive Reuse of Industrial Minerals Sites
- The Other Side of the Industry (planning, permitting, marketing etc.)
Session 4 (Afternoon):
- Domestic and International Hot Topics
Friday September 18, 2020
Field Trip 3 (9 AM departure): Kaolin clay mining and processing in Georgia. We will visit the Thiele Kaolin Company pit and one of the major processing plants.
September 15, 2020 and September 17, 2020
- Statewide maps showing Industrial Mineral deposits
- Historical trends of Industrial Minerals in the Southeast
Guest Field Trip A (September 15, Tuesday, 9 AM departure)
Historic Stone Mountain. The trip will visit Stone Mountain, take the cable car to the summit and see the views where our guests will eat a box lunch.
Guest Field Trip B (September 17, Thursday, 9 AM departure)
Plantation Life in Georgia. The trip will visit the Jarrell Plantation State Historic Site and then travel to the Whistle Stop Café made famous by the movie Fried Green Tomatoes. Lunch will be on your own at the café – be sure to order the superb fried green tomatoes and other superb regional dishes.
Please subscribe to this website below to get alerts automatically.