56th Forum on the Geology of Industrial Minerals Annual Meeting
Where: Rock Eagle 4H Center, Eatonton Georgia
When: Monday April 27 – Friday May 1, 2020
Details are found on the homepage or click here.
Registration for the Annual Meeting is found here.
Call for Papers and Posters
The 56th Forum on the Geology of Industrial Minerals invites you to submit abstracts to accompany oral papers and posters. The focus of the 2020 Forum is Industrial Minerals of the South.
Participation is open to professionals, vendors, students, government officials (local, state, and federal), and the general public. All submittals must be in English, which is the language of the Forum.
Oral presentations will be 20 minutes in length with additional time for Q&A. Both oral presentations and posters will be included in the Forum Proceedings, which are planned to be available through SME. Final themes and their organization will reflect the composition of oral papers and papers accepted.
Abstracts for all oral papers and posters must be received March 14, 2020.
Abstracts will be 250 to 300 words long. Please send the title, the list of authors and their affiliations, and the email and telephone number for the primary and the presenting author(s) to the appropriate Session Chair, listed below. The deadline for submitting completed papers is Friday, July 31, 2020.
Link to PDF of Announcement: 2020 FGIM Call for Papers and Posters_2nd
The session chair is listed for each session. Please send inquiries directly to them.
Session 1 (Tuesday – Morning)
- Heavy Minerals and Rare Earths (J. Renner, firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Clay and other Industrial Minerals in Georgia and the South (P. Malla, email@example.com)
Session 2 (Tuesday – Afternoon)
- Aggregates and Construction Materials (K. Kosloski, firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Environmental Studies Concerning Industrial Minerals Properties (T. Hinton, email@example.com)
Session 3 (Thursday – Morning)
- Adaptive Reuse of Industrial Minerals Sites (S. Stokowski, firstname.lastname@example.org)
- The Other Side of the Industry (planning, permitting, marketing, etc.) (C. Steele, email@example.com)
Session 4 (Thursday – Afternoon)
- Domestic and International Hot Topics
- Statewide maps showing Industrial Mineral deposits.
- Historical trends of Industrial Minerals in the Southeast.
Please let us know if you have any questions! You can submit a question to this website or contact the FGIM meeting Chair, Steve Stokowski at firstname.lastname@example.org