The Bates Memorial Scholarship is now accepting applications!
Attending the Forum meeting is an excellent opportunity for students to meet some of the top professionals in the industrial minerals world and see geology in action on the field trips.
Please pass the information along to students that would be interested, or post this flyer all over your Geology/Earth Science building hallways!
2017 Bates Scholarship Flyer: FGIM_Bates_Scholarship_20Bates_Scholarship_Flyer_201817
Students will need to write a letter in regards to their background and career goals as well as have a nominator to fill out the nomination form.
The deadline for abstract submission for the AEG and FGIM 53rd Annual Meeting has been extended to June 1, 2017. We will however consider all abstracts past any deadline published. Presentations would be held at the FGIM meeting Friday September 15th, 2017. Questions regarding presentations/abstracts should be directed towards Tom Newman [email@example.com].
Suggested paper topics concerning Industrial Minerals
- Local industrial minerals or processing **this topic will be the most interesting.
- Issues such as reserve/resources, environmental, transportation, etc.
- Governmental and Educational Agencies – a presentation about your agency or department would be hugely beneficial.
- Land Issues Related to Industrial Minerals.
- Reclamation of Industrial Mineral Extraction Sites.
- Permitting of Industrial Mineral Facilities.
Refer to this link for information regarding submission of your abstract.